Have a Magento store online and still not sure how to implement GDPR to your store?
Since the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect, there was much confusion among businesses all over the world.
Magento did release many updates regarding GDPR act, but there are a lot of businesses online which do not know how to ensure that their store is GDPR ready. Don’t worry; there are many GDPR extensions for Magento to assist you. We are going to present the list of best Magneto GDPR extensions for your store.
1. GDPR for Magento by Amasty
Magento 2 GDPR extension by Amasty is designed to help online stores comply with the latest legislative EU requirements and strengthen data security and privacy. Make sure that your business gets as many customers’ consents as possible to be ahead of the competition!
• Collect users consents on the registration, checkout and contact us pages
• Ask users for privacy consents in the newsletter subscription form
• Let customers download and anonymize their data
• Receive customers deletion requests and manage them in one place
• Notify customers about all operations with their data
2. Magento 2 GDPR Extension by Mageplaza
Mageplaza GDPR extension for Magento 2 is a must-have extension which helps e-commerce stores get ready for the data privacy regulations.
• Permanently delete customers’ accounts
• Completely remove default addresses
• Manage billing information
• Cookie restriction
3. Magento GDPR Extension by Plumrocket
The Magento GDPR extension aims at making your website ready for the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). It helps to protect the rights of both the merchants (data controllers) and Magento site visitors.
• Ensures compliance with GDPR rules: the right to be informed, to erasure, to restrict processing, to object, to access personal data.
• Merchants can enable cookie consent notice, view download and erasure requests, manage customer consents and setup notifications.
4. GDPR for Magento 2 by Aheadworks
This GDPR extension provides merchants with a necessary toolset to comply with some of the necessary GDPR policies.
• Dedicated functionality allows you to comply with GDPR, specifically the right to be informed, access, erasure, and data portability rights
• Data protection policy consents are collected on registration, checkout, and other pages
• Improved customer accounts allow customers to ask to delete or copy their data
• Customer verification mechanism protects data against fraudulent activity
• Extension grids segment customers by their statuses and intentions
• The API provided allows retrieving and deleting data from third-party applications
5. GDPR Extension for Magento 2 by BSSCommerce
• Allow customers to send requests to delete accounts on Account Dashboard
• Allow customers to send requests to Anonymize account data and their information in Orders
• Manage all customer requests in a grid table in the backend
• Send notification emails about new requests to admin
• Send confirmation emails about request status to customers